Thank you for volunteering at WCAA-LP!
WCAA-LP depends on volunteer energy. To offer the community great programming, access to the airwaves and a diversity of voices, we need to pay the bills and keep our facilities maintained. From answering phones during the fund drives to tidying up the building and staffing benefit events, volunteer energy is the glue that holds it all together. In this way, each volunteer, whether or not they are a programmer, is a citizen of the WCAA-LP community. These are some elements of that citizenship.
1. I volunteer for WCAA-LP, have read WCAA-LP’s Operator’s Handbook (if a programmer), Disciplinary Policy and Problem Solving Procedure.
2. While there is no set requirement for volunteer hours, performing some amount of volunteer work is an essential component of my time at WCAA-LP.
3. I will work with the Volunteer Coordinator to outline a plan for my volunteer time at WCAA-LP that is (a) additional to my time on the air (if I am a programmer), and (b) comfortable and appropriate for my schedule.
4. I understand that my volunteer work will be reviewed from time to time by the Volunteer Coordinator in consultation with myself, the Station Manager, and/or any other coordinators with whom I work.
5. At any time, with two weeks’ notice, I am entitled to a review session with the Volunteer Coordinator and any other appropriate individuals, including a member of the Personnel Committee or personal advocate if I so choose. The purpose of such a session would be: (a) to obtain helpful and constructive feedback on my work as a volunteer, (b) to identify areas of volunteer activity that are compatible with me, (c) to offer my input towards the smoother functioning of volunteer activities at WCAA-LP, and (d) make me aware of any serious concerns held by staff, management or other volunteers regarding my volunteer activities.
6. I agree to obtain permission from the Management Team or Board of Directors before acting as a spokesperson or agent for WCAA-LP, and before using WCAA-LP’s name in association with any public event or activity.
7. I agree not to be impaired by alcohol or controlled substances while performing volunteer activities for WCAA-LP.
8. If I so choose, I may exchange six hours of volunteer work (pre-approved by the Management Team) for a one-year membership in WCAA-LP.
9. If I perform six hours of approved volunteer work within a six-month period, I will be eligible to vote for the Advisory Board General Members.